Friday, November 3, 2023

One Retirement and Lots of Bright Spots!

Kristin Kornkven has announced her retirement date as December 30, 2023. Hired in April 2000, Kristin has been a faithful member of the Simmons Neighborhood Library team for most of her career at KPL. We will miss her terribly and hope to see her often reading all those books she's meant to get to for the last 23 years.



Lots of Bright Spots again this week:

From Karen: 
"I'd like to nominate Langsdorf (and Mitchell) for a Bright Spot award this week.
Lisa Langsdorf and Mitchell are amazing! I asked her if she had a treasure chest that I could borrow for a program this week. After getting off work on Monday, she went home and got the one that her son, Mitchell had and she came right back to work to give it to me. Thank you Lisa and Mitchell! "

From Megan:
" I would like to nominate Karen and Joe in YFS for a Bright Spot Award for helping me deliver the Light the Way grant collection items to Shalom this morning. Karen covered the desk so that Joe could help me load bookshelves and drive them over to Shalom. Joe also assembled all three shelves for me, which was really helpful.
I would also like to nominate CS, especially Tara, for ordering and receiving all the items for me and answering my questions about the process.
I would like to also nominate Aaron for creating the stickers and signage for the project. "

From Barb: Megan is my Bright Spot this week, as her Light the Way grant funded the deposit collections you see here at Shalom and also at Women's and Children's Horizons. Her kind heart will bring sunshine into the lives of children and families in their darkest hours. Thank you, Megan!


No comments:

Post a Comment

KPL STAFF BLOG FINAL EDITION

Thanks to Jason Rimkus for taking four hours of Opening Day footage and crafting a lovely 10 minute video. Bravo! This week's Bright S...