Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Bright Spot Holiday Edition Day 3

From Brandee: "I would like to thank the uptown staff, Kahlil, Claudia, and Joe and everyone who comes over to take shifts. You guys all make the library a wonderful place to work. I enjoy working with each and everyone of you and it really shows that when we service our patrons here at uptown. We have had so many families and children visiting uptown recently and it has been a pleasure to see the impact we have had in the community. "

From Heather: "I'm so grateful for all of the incredibly hardworking, relentlessly creative, and deeply compassionate team members in Youth & Family Services. They bring such energy, joy, and humor with them to work every day. I'm constantly impressed by their passion and dedication to their jobs--especially on the hard, exhausting days. Thank you for everything you do, YFS Team! You are all the shiniest of stars.
Southwest YFS had several desk coverage gaps in the past month or so. Shannon and her team stepped up to help cover them all! I am so grateful to each and every staff member who jumped right in to do kid-based reference and readers' advisory, give endless clues for the scavenger hunt, refill coloring sheets and crafts, help keep everything tidy, and deal with the near-constant noise of the children's room. Thank you so much."

From Janet: "My nomination is not just one person, but the whole crew here at Northside. I am so lucky to be working with such friendly and compassionate folks. We all work well together and enjoy each other's company. It's a pleasure to work with them every day."

From Lisa L:"Gabe arrives in the morning, a quiet kind of guy, while many are still just waking up. He does his walk around NS and puts things in order before beginning his cleaning routine. He is missed on his days off, the job he does is appreciated and we notice his attention to the smallest details. I am lucky enough to witness the pride he takes doing his job. I for one am very grateful that we have him on our team. Thanks for keeping us clean.
Jeff is great! He can accommodate almost any request from any staff member. In my opinion, he excels at finding solutions for staff. No request is too big, no solution too small. If it breaks, Jeff will try to fix it.
When the Youth Outreach Collection moved to the garage, Jeff made the transition as easy as possible. From putting up shelving to making sure there was a ladder for access, He was even willing to relocate his spiders. When my materials break through eager children’s attention, or they just wear out, or they get damaged in transport, Jeff is alway willing to find a solution. From the tiniest screwdrivers to the best location to plug in the computer. Jeff is willing to go with the flow and makes life for the rest of us better. Jeff is a great coworker, when I need random things for outreach, he never asks me what I could possibly need it for, but cheerfully points me in the right direction. Thanks Jeff for your thoughtful support.
I am very thankful for the Outreach Team. We all have the same goal, Serve the community to the best of our ability, but we each do it in a very individual way. Dan - during the day, only he can drive the BKM, he does it cheerily and makes every trip the best possible. Amy - Columbus Park - your storytimes, your trips to the county - all of your marketing skills (displays) you inspire me! Hillary & Kristen - you make things run smoothly and really know your patrons! Nate, thanks for working those evenings at the BKM stops. Harbor Market and the special events are a time when you shine and represent the best of what outreach can be. Thanks for working all of those weekends! And Marcia - You encourage us to keep trying new things. You encourage us to be the best we can be. You find our strengths and encourage us to play to them. You team us up when we need support and you shoo us away when we need to go home…You all make it look so easy, and I know it is a very difficult job, loading up, unloading, timing, weather, mechanical issues, working with children, families, classes, daycares, seniors, the homebound you all make such a positive impact on our community!"

From Shannon: "I'd like to give my SW branch staff kudos again for their perseverance this year. I know it wasn't easy for them to keep up with my multiple maps, mind-bending math and blue tape madness during the flooring project. Now that the dust has settled, I sometimes still find that tape peeking out somewhere and it makes me smile (remember when the range of CDs almost tipped over on the movers? Good times!) I love giving tours of our building now because it gets lots of compliments and they deserve it. "

From Hillary S. "I would like to give a shout-out to Dan Sommerfeld and Nate Herrera, our awesome Bookmobile drivers! Without their valuable skill sets as CDL drivers and their dedication to KPL, we wouldn't have near the presence and impact that we do in the community! We appreciate you!
I would also like to give a shout-out to Heather Thompson. I have known Heather for a few years by way of participating in KPL programs with my children. Heather has a way of connecting with youth and their families--facilitating book discussions, creating activities and crafts and inspiring others to read...Heather pours a lot into programming and our library experience has been greatly enhanced because of her time and talents! Thank you for everything you do! "

No comments:

Post a Comment

KPL STAFF BLOG FINAL EDITION

Thanks to Jason Rimkus for taking four hours of Opening Day footage and crafting a lovely 10 minute video. Bravo! This week's Bright S...