Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Thanksgiving Edition - Who are you thankful for at work?

Lots of love from your co-workers! Thanks for participating, everyone, and if you didn't get a chance to send in your list for this post, please be sure to thank your coworkers in person. Personally, you all make me so happy to work with you! Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving and if you're working Friday @SW, I'm your PIC. 

From Nora: "I wanted to say that I am very thankful for Brandee Thompson and Claudia Dahl. I see the ways they go above and beyond to help patrons. If she is able, Brandee helps patrons complete tasks on the computer correctly and will stand there for an hour just to make sure they understand how to do it. Claudia has helped a patron wrap gauze around a burn but that is just one of the many examples of the kinds of services she provides. At the same time, they also help me promote the youth events when I am not at Uptown and knows many of the community members' names. Without them, the Uptown Library community would not get the services they truly deserve."

From Michaela: "I would like to nominate Diane Smith at Simmons Library for a Bright Spot. Every morning I come in I'm greeted with a smile and a "Good Morning". She makes sure all of our displays on the main floor are diverse, inclusive, and fun, and helps me with ideas for my mezzanine displays. Her experience and knowledge from working at Simmons ensures nothing gets missed and I just overall enjoy working with her!"

From Linda: "My Thanksgiving Bright Spot is Rob. He has literally stepped up to support the Public Services Team. Thank you for being willing to be a SW PIC, for making me laugh, and for teaching me on a daily basis."

From Martha
"I am thankful this year for Michelle who is always there for us to talk to about any concerns we may have. She listens and provides excellent feedback. Thank you, Michelle!
I am thankful this year for the circulation staff who make me laugh every day and provide balance to the weight of materials we move through our department. We get it done! Thank you."

From Joel
"I want to thank Rosa for always bringing a different perspective about work and life to me, she always makes my Saturdays more cheerful!"

From Heather
"Below are a few notes of gratitude. I wish I could spend all day writing these for each person who works at KPL. I’m grateful for everyone who makes KPL a fun, inventive, collaborative, and safe place to work. I am grateful for the entirety of the YFS team. Their dedication to providing fun, engaging, and educational experiences for children, teens, and caregivers is inspiring. They've always worked hard, but the past 1.5+ years have really demonstrated how they are willing to go far above and beyond for the community we serve. They are always thinking about how to make the lives of our young patrons better, and the lives of our caregivers easier. I’m grateful every day for their kindness, compassion, innovation, commitment, and unfailing senses of humor. They’re simply the best!
I am grateful for Brandi Cummings. Brandi trumpets every success we have as a library, and shines a light on every service we provide. She is one of our biggest advocates, ensuring that every person she meets knows what the library has to offer. I’m grateful for Brandi’s active listening, her superpower to positively spin just about anything, her easygoing laugh and smile, and her compassion.
I am grateful for Shannon Urban. Shannon is a great listener and problem solver. I am grateful for how she stays calm and collected in a crisis, her straightforward and logical approach to just about everything, her willingness to collaborate, her killer sense of humor, and her kindness to both patrons and coworkers.
I am grateful for Katie Engle. She has an eagle eye for spotting anomalies on the children’s shelves and bringing them to YFS Librarians for correction! I’m also grateful for her friendliness, sense of humor, and professionalism.
I am grateful for Jason Holmes. He has such a kind, positive, “can do” attitude. I am grateful for how quickly he responds to any request we have, and how well the job gets done—and it’s always with a smile!"

From Shannon
"Thanksgiving Bright Spot for ADS:
Thank you for your continued dedication to the library and each other. You're always flexible, creative, motivated and caring towards patrons and staff and I'm really proud of you all. And welcome Joel, Benjamin and Madelynn. You've already made your mark here with numerous compliments from staff and patrons, thank you for joining our team! "

From Ben
"I wanted to thank my fellow RTGs here at Southwest, Emily, Amy, Joel, and Rosa. Each of you have been a pleasure to work with and make my hours behind the desk much more lively and enjoyable. Between the conversations we've had and the advice I've received, I really am grateful that I have such funny, kind, and helpful coworkers.
I also want to thank Zander, Shannon, and Madelynn for going out of their way to support me in moments when I've been alone or very busy on the desk. As someone who is a bit of a worrywart, knowing that I have people to rely on truly soothes me.
I really want to thank all of you here at Southwest for bringing me into the library and going out of your way to help me learn, as well as helping me feel welcomed not just to my position, but to Kenosha itself."

From Brandi
"Aaron- for his ability to pivot and always find a way to make sure our teams have what they need to showcase all of their hard work.
Jason - for always being willing to lend an extra hand or find a solution for problems that seem unsolvable.
Michelle - for being a guiding force of reason for all of us as we have navigated two years of change.
Barb - for setting vision and believing in us to do great things.
Shawn Wolf - for embodying warmth and welcome in everything she does.
Madelynn - for hitting the ground running and bringing fresh talent to our team.
Zander - for being willing to try new things and chart new courses with our programming and services.
Tara, Carol, Scott, Melissa, Alex, and Kelly - for keeping us running smoothly with all the unseen work that they do - it is like magic, but better because it creates a public library.
Linda - for bringing brave thoughts and ideas to the table. "

From Stephanie
"To my KPL Co-workers,
Thank you for your support, understanding, and inspiration in my third year as a public librarian. You kept me motivated to be my best self and I thank you for seeing the potential.
To the Simmons & Uptown Team, and anyone that has worked in those spaces,
2021 was a year of many highs and a few lows, but we worked through it together as a team. The Dalai Lama is quoted as saying, "The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation of goodness." I hope you know how much I appreciated your dedication and empathy over the last year. A manager is only as good as their team, so I guess I must be the best manager in the world!"

From Michelle:
"Jason Holmes - Jason is a kind soul who always exhibits genuine care and willingness to make things right. He has such a big heart.
Linda Noyce - Linda places others first and is always asking where she can help.
Barb Brattin - Barb brings me back to a kinder place when I'm not thinking so kindly and makes me grateful she is our leader.
My Admin Team:
Sandy Bear - Sandy supports and helps me, always with a smile!
Brandi Cummings - Brandi's energy and positive outlook are contagious.
Aaron Gunderson - Aaron is kind and genuinely compassionate and pushes me to be the same.
Jeremy Erickson - Jeremy brings joy to us with his Christmas enthusiasm!

3 comments:

KPL STAFF BLOG FINAL EDITION

Thanks to Jason Rimkus for taking four hours of Opening Day footage and crafting a lovely 10 minute video. Bravo! This week's Bright S...