Thursday, January 23, 2020

Linda Potter and Lisa Langsdorf Nominated for I Love My Librarian Award

The American Library Association holds an annual I Love My Librarian Award contest. This year,  members of our community nominated Mrs. Potter, and Lisa Langsdorf, and the ALA staff thought they were such  lovely nominations that they should share it with us:

I Love My Librarian Nomination:
Linda Potter is an amazing librarian. I have had the pleasure of knowing Linda both as a former coworker, and as a parent of a child who loves the library. Linda is a caring, compassionate person who loves to see children light up when they learn something new or have a positive experience at the library. My daughter who is now 9, has been going to the library since she was quite young. She has taken part in story times, afternoon activities, and summer programs through our library system. This has been at the library that Mrs. Potter works at. Mrs. Potter takes the time to talk to the children and their parents. She genuinely cares about them. I cannot even think of the library without thinking of her. She wants to ensure that children have a positive experience. I am always amazed at how many different opportunities/experiences are offered in our children's department, many of which she helps to plan and present. When I asked my daughter Kate what she thinks of when she thinks of Mrs. Potter, her response was, "She is lots of fun." I couldn't agree more.

I Love My Librarian Nomination:

Lisa brings the STEAM program to my first graders once a month. This is a great opportunity for my students. They really look forward to Ms. Lisa’s visit every month. I really appreciate that Lisa takes the time to do this. She deserves to be recognized.

 Love My Librarian Nomination:
I would like to nominate Lisa Langsdorf for the I Love My Librarian Award. Lisa goes above and beyond her role as a librarian in Kenosha, Wisconsin. She has vision, passion and enthusiasm for bringing the library to people of all ages in our community. Lisa brings library services to our school when she participates in our Bose Morning Blend, once a month. She brings in STEAM activities to our students and ongoing library programming for our parents. Parents come into our school for resources and students gather with excitement around the activities she brings. Students and staff look forward to her visit in our school. She fosters collaboration, stimulates student vocabulary and supports personal discovery through play. She is a wonderful role model to all of us, how we can also take advantage of opportunities to be lifelong learners.

I Love My Librarian Nomination:
I wanted to take a few moments to tell you why Lisa is an amazing asset to our community and the families and children she serves.  I am a foster parent in our community who organizes a quarterly support group for foster families.  In that time spent together, foster parents are able to regroup, connect, and learn while the children from each family are kept engaged and taught by Lisa!  She uses various mediums and techniques to do an age appropriate lesson, always tailoring the activities to each child’s needs.  With the various needs represented in this setting she has captivated the children time and time again. This ignites the child’s imagination and desire to learn, and helps create a safe social setting for these children.  Meanwhile, foster parents are empowered, refreshed, and restored.  Lisa has been with us for a long time now, making lasting connections with us all and building meaningful community for these children.  She has been sensitive and understanding to the various needs and behaviors that emerge, giving space for these children to grow and learn and bond.  Lisa is organized, accountable, motivated, and committed to not only our group, but many other groups of children in our community.  I am forever grateful for her contribution to our foster care community and our whole community as a whole!

Congratulations, Lisa and Mrs. Potter! You mean so much to the parents and the children of this community, and you mean so much to us!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, well deserved Lisa and Linda! We've had so many reasons to celebrate recently. I'm proud to say I work for Kenosha Public Library!

    ReplyDelete

KPL STAFF BLOG FINAL EDITION

Thanks to Jason Rimkus for taking four hours of Opening Day footage and crafting a lovely 10 minute video. Bravo! This week's Bright S...