Monday, March 10, 2014

Library Impact Survey

One of the goals of the strategic plan is to find out more about our users' information habits so we can design services to meet their needs. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has been working with the ISchool at the University of Washington to develop a free tool called the Library Impact Survey and Michelle, Lin, Barbara Fulton and I got together to take a look and see if it's something we'd like to use. The verdict is, we do.
So, soon you will see a link to the survey on our home page. The link will take users to a questionnaire that asks questions about how people use the library to find information. The whole thing should take less than 15 minutes. Please encourage people to respond. The more information we have, the better we can provide what our community is looking for in the right format with the right tools.
Thanks for your help!


1 comment:

  1. I really like this idea! I was looking at the website, and I like the idea of having a dedicated survey computer for patrons to use. It's also pretty cool that you can customize your end page ... I'm trying to think of what we could link to, other than our home page ...
    (This is Pam, by the way. I can't seem to adjust my Google account to show my real name and not my nickname. Guess the literary source!)

    ReplyDelete

KPL STAFF BLOG FINAL EDITION

Thanks to Jason Rimkus for taking four hours of Opening Day footage and crafting a lovely 10 minute video. Bravo! This week's Bright S...