Friday, June 14, 2024

Almost ready for opening day!

 It's been a long road from this


To this



but Opening Day is coming up quick! Ribbon cutting with dignitaries and donors on June 20th at 1pm. 

Bright Spot Nominations this week:
From Lisa Langsdorf:
I would like to nominate Aaron Gundersen.
No matter what I request, no matter how short the turn around time, or how many tiny (important only to me) changes I request, Aaron is always cheerfully willing to try his best to help us out. Being in OPE I never need the same thing twice, but everything needs to be tweaked for the specific school/grade/audience. Aaron has always been there to support us. I often tell him he is a "rock star", because he makes my job easier, knowing he won't say "NO", but cheerfully says, "no problem".

AND

I would like to nominate Dan Sommerfeld for a bright spot. Dan is always willing to lend a hand and help out wherever needed. During the OPE shutdown, Dan has been busy supporting the Youth OPE programming. From making sure the new technology for storytimes is going to work, cutting endless amounts of circles, rolling hundreds of newspaper tubes, bringing along the best "play" choices for the events, and fearlessly driving the bkm and bk truck down the narrow car lined streets to events. (sometimes I just close my eyes...) He is always a joy to work with.


From Kristen S:
"Patty, Cathy, and Daisy went above and beyond last night (6/12) for one of my Home Delivery patrons. The patron selects her own holds and is new to the program, so she did not have any items on hold to deliver today. When she called in with requests last night, she was worried about not receiving anything, so the NS closing crew scrambled in the last half hour to pull items for her and get them over to me in OPE. It is much appreciated that they did this because I didn't need to search first thing in the morning while preparing to leave for my deliveries. And I know my patron appreciated the effort too. THANK YOU! - Kristen"

Reminder that we are closed June 19th in honor of Juneteenth. It is sobering to think that not long ago so many of us would have been in bondage.  Read the fascinating history behind this important holiday and take a moment or two to give thanks for the freedom we should never take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

KPL STAFF BLOG FINAL EDITION

Thanks to Jason Rimkus for taking four hours of Opening Day footage and crafting a lovely 10 minute video. Bravo! This week's Bright S...