Friday, July 22, 2022

Bright Spots Galore!



Hello, KPLers
The past couple of weeks have been a challenge with so many staff on vacation or out for other reasons, a flooring project at SW, and space changes here and there.  What a great thing to witness such terrific teamwork making everything work for our patrons! It has been my honor to work beside you as I attempt to help at service desks and at outreach stops and I am very grateful for your patience as I learn the ropes.  Spending time serving the public directly reminds me how much I miss it and I'm excited at the proposition of returning to that role in my future retirement.
It's no surprise that I received a lot of Bright Spot nominations this week. Thanks to all of you for being Bright Spots in our community!

This week's Bright Spot nominations are many! 
"I would love to send out a Bright Spot to all KPL staff members. I have placed an interactive passive display at NS asking patrons about their favorite thing(s) at the library. Six of the comments were about how much the patrons love the staff - and I agree! I am so happy to be working with all of you at KPL. You all make this job great!
Kimmy"

From Michelle: "My first bright spot(s) go out to Janet Frieman and Kimmy Smith who saved me from disaster due to a printing snafu. Their prompt response and intuition was so greatly appreciated. Secondly, I want to give a bright spot to Jennifer and the staff at Northside for pivoting quickly when I needed to move the pickup for the Whole Person Librarianship tours to Northside with less than 24 hours notice. Their hospitality and grace is much appreciated."

From Zander: "I'd like to nominate Rob as a brightspot. He has been putting in early morning work to make sure everything is settled for the re-flooring. He's also been available each morning to answer any questions I've had about opening, and how to direct patrons around the project. At 1:00 P.M everyday, there has been a massive crowd rush and he's out there with the public service staff, helping to make sure patrons know how they can move around the library and receive the best service possible as we are all-hands on deck for the opening rush."


No comments:

Post a Comment

KPL STAFF BLOG FINAL EDITION

Thanks to Jason Rimkus for taking four hours of Opening Day footage and crafting a lovely 10 minute video. Bravo! This week's Bright S...