Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Bright Spot Award Goes to 4 Library Winners!

We had the distinct pleasure to spend time with four outstanding staff members last week as they vied for the upcoming opening in the Team Leader position at Simmons and Uptown. I have to admit that I sometimes dread interviews, but talking with these four superstars really made my day!
This week's Bright Star Award goes to Amy Klein,  Kala Istvanek, Martha Coaty, and Jonathan Sward. Each of these outstanding library leaders demonstrated passion for public service, dedication to their coworkers, and excitement about the library's focus on Strengthening Neighborhoods, Inspiring Learning, and Keeping You Curious. I congratulate them for stepping forward and applying for this position. Interviewing is a very nerve wracking undertaking, and they all impressed us very much. I know I will continue to see great things from each of you and I hope you'll continue to seek new opportunities at KPL!
Congratulations to Martha, our new Team Leader! Martha begins training with Barbara Fulton this Friday, so we'll have a smooth transition in this important position. Looking forward to continued strong leadership in our branches.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind words and I appreciated the opportunity to apply for this position! Martha is an amazing person and I am confident she will excel in this position.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said, Jon! Congratulations, Martha!

      Delete

KPL STAFF BLOG FINAL EDITION

Thanks to Jason Rimkus for taking four hours of Opening Day footage and crafting a lovely 10 minute video. Bravo! This week's Bright S...