Friday, February 23, 2024

News for the Week

Good luck to our bowling teams tonight! 

Thanks to our literary talent who has agreed to win it all at this year's literary trivia contest hosted by the Kenosha Literacy Council. AR, Cathy, Megan, Emily, Justin, Marcia, you are going to shine!

The County Resolution to wall off "adult materials" in the library failed to pass by a vote of 16-5. 

Mayoral candidates were whittled down to 2 this week- David Bogdala and Lydia Spottswood. If you're a Kenosha resident, I hope that you are researching these candidates and making your choice at the polls on April 2nd. Whoever wins will appoint our future board members and decide how much money the city is willing to provide for library services each year. Please make your choice wisely.

Did you know that we support a digital archive  for Kenosha County? If you're a fan of history, especially local history, you'll enjoy this collection. For those of you working the public service desk, please keep this resource in mind. You can access it at this direct link or through the research section of our digital literacy website, or through Recollection Wisconsin, the digital archive for the entire state.


This week's Bright Spots 

From Karen:

"I'd like to nominate DJ for a bright spot award. After my storytime on Monday night, I accidentally returned my books that I needed for later this week. I called and DJ answered and I told him what happened. He found both books, checked them out to me and set them on the desk in the YFS workroom. Thank you for going above and beyond DJ!"

From Marcia:
"I just got off the phone with Joey. He called because he wants me to nominate Kristen (OPE) for the Bright Spot Award. Kristen does his weekly home delivery and he said she is just awesome. He loves her because she always calls when he likes, she's always on time with delivery and she packs up his MANY items so beautifully and with care. He said that when he got his delivery yesterday he just burst with joy for his love of the library and just had to call and tell me this feedback. We all love Joey so much, and this is a little note that he loves us back."

Have a happy weekend!
Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment

KPL STAFF BLOG FINAL EDITION

Thanks to Jason Rimkus for taking four hours of Opening Day footage and crafting a lovely 10 minute video. Bravo! This week's Bright S...