Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Bright Spots and summer heat


 

We're getting closer! Latest estimate for a grand opening in March 2024. The online Children's Library Fundraiser at Blue House Books is live. Please share with all your friends and family. Purchase a book for the new children's library at a 20% discount.

Congratulations to Kahlil who is featured in this month's WLA Member Spotlight! Congratulations to Marcia who has been appointed to the Board of Directors for the Association of Bookmobile and Outreach Services (ABOS) and she will co-chair the membership committee. She has previously served ABOS as a member of the Technology and Conference committees.

This week's Bright Spot nominations are many:

From Megan:

"I'd like to nominate Lisa Rivers for a Bright Spot award. We had some cleaning to do in YFS at NS on Friday and Lisa helped me quickly clean and sanitize everything amidst a very busy Friday afternoon, all with a smile and cheerful attitude as she continued to serve patrons. Thanks, Lisa!"

From Karen R:

For Justin:
Justin was super helpful to me this week! He reshaped the prongs on the wire stands for the downtown StoryWalk (which I can't do at all). Thank you Justin!!

For Jason:
As always I ask for a tool or something I need from Menards and he has it for me the very next day. He's amazing!! Thank you Jason!!

From Barb:
Thanks to everyone who keeps things going so well while I'm away. I really appreciate being able to disconnect and recharge. I appreciate all of you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

KPL STAFF BLOG FINAL EDITION

Thanks to Jason Rimkus for taking four hours of Opening Day footage and crafting a lovely 10 minute video. Bravo! This week's Bright S...