Friday, July 21, 2023

Tree Pillars, Rubber Floors, and lots of Bright Spots

Building a new children's library is a lot of work, but it's also a lot of fun, especially when you get to the design phase. Here's a link to open a quick pdf of some of the finishes you'll see in the new library. Thanks to Aaron and Brandi for lending their design talents to the decision making process. 

Coming up this week, the Board's Personnel and Finance Committee will convene to examine a first draft of our 2024 budget, the KPL Foundation will hold their annual meeting, and the city will reveal their newly designed website.

Barring any further disaster, I'll be back in the office on Monday.  Thanks for accommodating me while I raced to the east coast to help my son.

Bright Spot nominations this week include:

From Kahlil:

"I'd like to nominate the staff at SI for working hard to get the back up delivery, shelving, and picklists completed in a very short time frame. We had a ton of things to do after being closed, and SI staff stepped up and accepted the challenge. Also, I'd like to recognize the staff at UPT for their hard work helping plan the UPT Fun Festival."

From Brandi:
"I’d like to nominate Nique for a bright spot! I was dropping off some equipment for the Uptown Family Fun Fest when two patrons approached the desk needing assistance. The first needed something faxed and Nique started with her, so I offered to help the next patron in line. Unfortunately, the second patron needed to print something from their phone and I froze like a deer in the headlights - I usually keep a cheat cheat near by and wasn’t prepared to handle that request in the field. Nique gently took on the interaction, getting the patron swift service and saving me embarrassment as I tried to fumble through what I remembered of the instructions. Thanks for having my back and delivering such great service Nique!--"

From Barb: 
The Admin team is such a talented and supportive group- thank you for your good wishes as I faced yet another family emergency this year and for cheerfully dealing with my physical absence during such an overwhelmingly busy time of year! You're the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment

KPL STAFF BLOG FINAL EDITION

Thanks to Jason Rimkus for taking four hours of Opening Day footage and crafting a lovely 10 minute video. Bravo! This week's Bright S...