Tuesday, February 1, 2022

New Book Circ is Soaring!


As many have noticed the new fiction and nonfiction shelving at SW is looking a little empty. I checked with Collection Services and it's not a factor of no new books- it's a factor of the way we've displayed them since our space consultant gave us advice. Here are the updated circ % increases since the front facing change:
New Adult Nonfiction: Increase of 231%
New Adult Fiction: Increase of 200%

It's working! Thank you to the Circ staff for getting this together.
Please feel free to pull books for the table displays, as well. They are going like hotcakes!
Next, we're going to experiment with converting one column of nonfiction to garden books from the main collection and see if they, too, fly off the shelves. 


I'm taking off for a few days and won't be back till Monday, so I wanted to be sure to share this message of gratitude for Tessa's team spirit:

From Janet:
"A big thank you to Tessa who tackled a huge cart of children's items for shelving this weekend. I really appreciate all your help! I'm sure it made Monday morning easier for the morning crew."


I'll be away from my phone for much of my vacation, so please work with Linda and Rob in my absence to solve any major problems.
Have a great rest of the week!
Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment

KPL STAFF BLOG FINAL EDITION

Thanks to Jason Rimkus for taking four hours of Opening Day footage and crafting a lovely 10 minute video. Bravo! This week's Bright S...