Friday, January 26, 2018

Thank you, Janet and Hilary

What a wonderful job by Janet and Hilary as they cared for an elderly, confused patron. Our staff is so kind! I hear about this all the time and my heart swells with pride.

I N C I D E N T   R E P O R T
Date of Occurrence:   01/25/2018 (Estimate)
Time of Occurrence:   1:00 PM (Estimate)
Location:   Northside
Incident Location on Premises:   Info & Circ Desk
Description:   I (Janet) observed an elderly lady at the Info Desk speaking to Hilary and getting directions to somewhere. Hilary gave her very detailed instructions and walked her out to point the way. She still seemed confused when she left. Hilary asked her if she had a cell phone, which she did. After a little while, this lady approached the Circ Desk and told me that she was lost again and needed help finding her way home. Since I knew she had already talked to Hilary, I asked her if she minded if I called the non-emergency number for the police who could probably give her some assistance. She thought that was a good idea, so I did, and was told they would send somebody out. I found her a chair and a bottle of water to wait. An officer came and talked to her, then took her home. Her car was parked on the street and the officer moved it into the parking lot. Not sure when it will be picked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

KPL STAFF BLOG FINAL EDITION

Thanks to Jason Rimkus for taking four hours of Opening Day footage and crafting a lovely 10 minute video. Bravo! This week's Bright S...