Wednesday, May 18, 2016

To All Staff, My Sincere Thanks

Hello, Everyone
As we near the completion of our preparations for joining the SHARE catalog, I cannot help but be full of admiration for this staff. I have been a part of other system migrations and I can still remember the tension in the air, the infighting, the grumbling and sour faces. It was an awful experience, even if we had a great product for the public in the end. You are the complete opposite of what I experienced before. You have come together as a team with cheerfulness and optimism.
Maybe you are cheerful during this migration because you have worked with a challenging system for so long, but I think it's more than that. I think it's just another example of what I witnessed the day I came for my interview. You are kind and compassionate and you care about this community and each other.
Anne and I were talking this morning and we agreed that you can teach skills, but you can't teach kindness. For your kindness, I am very, very grateful.
Thank you for making this migration exciting and positive.
And thank you for the important work you do every day!
Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment

KPL STAFF BLOG FINAL EDITION

Thanks to Jason Rimkus for taking four hours of Opening Day footage and crafting a lovely 10 minute video. Bravo! This week's Bright S...